As I sit here at the dining room table at 8:30 in the
morning trying to multi-task working on the laptop, calling and setting up
doctor appointments, calling bill places to pay bills and/or set up payment
arrangements, as well as stopping to change diapers, do laundry, vacuum, mop,
dust, wash dishes, bathe children, instruct home school lessons, transport kids
to ballet, library and other activities, feed hungry kids, and discipline their
frequent acts of rebellion, I realized something……. I am running a corporation here!
When I was in the workforce, I help various leadership
roles. I lead, oversaw, disciplined,
instructed, encouraged, and assisted the staff under me. I had to form and set up relationships,
collaborations, and deals with outside contributors, investors and vendors. I was the face of the organizations department
that I oversaw and was responsible for their professional well being and
maturation. I had to assist in goal
setting, budgeting, facilitating, implementing, creating, and orchestrating the
financial, social, and political foundation and structure of the company or
organization. When something went wrong, it was me who my superiors looked at
and held accountable. Besides being
there for my staff, I had to also try to carve out some time to replenish my
spirit, soul and body.
Sounds a lot like being a mommy, particularly for me, an at
home mom. So for all you moms who may be
at home with the children, please do not see your job as simply a mom, you are
the Founder, CEO and President of your own Company! Running a home takes patience, intelligence,
planning, time management, wit, strategy and creativity, just like running a
business.
If you work outside the home, your task may be different
from an at home moms, but you too work very hard to make sure your corporation
is achieving its goals. At the end of
the day, our mommy objectives are to see our corporation (family) grow in every
area of their lives.
Gotta go now, I have two DISCRUNTLED workers. One child is yelling at the top or her lungs and
the other is throwing her morning snacks on the floor and smashing them into my
hardwood floors.
God help us all!

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Your Comments are Welcome!