Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Posted by Angela 10:19 AM No comments
The other day I was reading an article about the history of the Sports Illustrated swim suit issues and some of the most memorable covers.  One cover that got an abundance of attention was not the 1997 cover of Tyra Banks, looking FABULOUS as the first black female to grace the covers.  Instead, it was the photo of model Kate Upton.  Many people were in an uproar because they felt that she was "too fat" to be on the cover.

After the article, there were over 2000 comments from people and what I read almost took my breath away. A vast majority of the comments were cruel, mean and down right nasty.  This beautiful woman was called fat, disgusting, obese, nasty, huge and gross to name a few.  WHO in the HELL (excuse me fellow Christians) are these people?  When I looked at the Sports Illustrated cover of Kate Upton, I saw a gorgeous curvaceous woman.  I saw a woman that "brothers" would call P H A T (pretty hot and tempting)!

I did not see side fat oozing out, no "love handles," nor did I see pounds and  pounds of cellulite protruding through.  She looks firm and fit and her breast look full and ample. Trust me, as a woman who use to be 318 lbs, I know what obese looks like and Kate Upton does not fit that profile, AT ALL!  The hurtful and hateful comments by some of those people started me thinking about how important it is to embrace who you are and love yourself.  At the end of the day, people are going to have their comments, but only what you think about you really matters.  I am not a doctor, but I feel safe saying that Ms. Upton is in no wise at an unhealthy weight.  How skinny do some Americans want women to be?  And the real kicker, it was not just men making these ignorant comments, a great number were females.

Should women be healthy? Yes, but the standard of beauty must make good medical and common sense. Maybe we are so use to the wafer thin images we have seen grace our magazines, till when we see a curvy woman, we reject the image all together.  One thing for sure, this woman is beautiful and as long as you love yourself, to heck with what the nay say ers say!

Be Blessed,

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments are Welcome!