What do you do when your blessing becomes a
burden? How many times have you prayed
and prayed for God to give you a new job, a mate, a home, a ministry, children,
etc. and when you first receive it, you are on cloud nine. Then a bit of time passes by and the
pressures that come with the new blessing manifest and you begin to slowly but
surely feel your excitement turn to dread and disdain. Unfortunately too many of us do not count
the cost of ANY “blessing” while we are praying for it. We simply want what we want and when it may
not unfold as we thought it would or should, many begin to despise the gift or
take advantage of it.
I adore my children and know that God gave them to
me, but lately my four year old seems to constantly chant, “MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY,
MOMMY, MOMMY!" I found myself
snapping at her the other day saying, “WHAT DO YOU WANT AUNNA?!!!!!” Then the thought really hit me like a ton of
bricks, “I prayed to have this child and I need to take the bitter with the sweet
when it comes to being her parent.”
What blessings are you bad mouthing or thinking
negatively about? Is it your kids,
husband, your life in general? Whatever
it is, remember that everything in life comes with pluses and minuses and our
attitudes towards it dictate how we enjoy the blessing.
Be Blessed!
Angela
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Your Comments are Welcome!