The
other day I did something that I have wanted to do for many, many years. I was able to comfortably fit into a sexy,
little black dress that is a size 10.
Now for those who may be thinking, “Size 10 is no supermodel size!” But for me it is. I use to wear a size 26, so to go from there
to where I am today is a true blessing from God. I put on the highest pair of heels I own and
proudly strutted in front of my hubby. I
got the reaction I knew I was going to get from him and that made me feel even
prouder. As I turned around in circles looking
at myself in the mirror, I got an epiphany.
I heard a voice in my head say, “Angela, you have come a long way and
you did so because you worked hard and never gave up!” Even when others may have mistreated me due
to my obesity or I mistreated myself due to low self esteem, I kept hoping that
I would and could overcome this burden.
ALL my life my weight has been my thorn in the flesh. Sometimes I think God allowed me to wrestle
with this thing because He knew I would not give up and would allow Him to get
the glory at the end.
What is
it in your life that you have
faithfully worked at and should congratulate yourself about? Too many times we women do not pat ourselves
on our backs. Many women are overly
critical of themselves and never celebrate our effort, successes and even
failures. There have been many times in
my life where I have lost and gained weight and felt like a failure, but those
failures became spring boards to propel me to success.
Would I
like to lose another 20 pounds to be a size 6 and walk the runways in Milan, Italy? HECK YES!
But the reality is, that may not happen, but what I can do is celebrate
my hard efforts and be the best I can be today both inwardly and outwardly. Let’s do like the Serenity Prayer states, “Accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can and
the Wisdom to know the difference!”
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Your Comments are Welcome!