Moms, we better than anyone have those days where we may not think we look or feel our best, and how the slightest kind word can be an uplifting experience. Last month I was having one of those days. I had been with the children all day, and they had wore me OUT! I was also doing the bills and wondering if the people at the bank were "punking" me or if the balance stated really was correct. "Lord, how are we going to meet our monthly obligation?" My stress level was at 1,000 and I was having anxiety attacks. Time hubby came home from work, I rushed out the door to pay a bill and capture a few moments of solitude. When I walked into the bill place, a noticed a gorgeous Latina around the age of 25. I made a mental note to tell her how gorgeous she was right after I finished handling business. Well, right when she was finishing up my transaction, she looked at me and said, "Ms. You are Beautiful!"
I looked up with the same look that so many women usually give me when I complement them. I was also taken aback because I was not feeling that beautiful. Most days I try to put on my favorite pair of jeans, do my hair in a way that makes me feel sexy and sleek and apply a little make up. Well, that is all I did that day. No frills or thrills, short do and jeans. I graciously thanked the young lady and continued to tell her how my day had been so hectic with the kids, bills, life, etc. We talked a bit longer and I found out she, like myself was a Christian.
Just like her kind words help pick me up, yours can do the same for some woman also. I am not saying to throw out complements that are not sincere. I just want people to be more aware of the power we all have to increase the joy in someones life. If you find it hard to give complements, for whatever reason, pray and ask God to help you see areas where your words can help transcend another person, particularly another female. Female jealousy is crazy and unnecessary. We must be one another support.
Love you all,
Angela

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Your Comments are Welcome!