When I was in my teens and twenties, I was fearless, strong minded, not easily swayed and saw myself in a positive light when it came to my abilities as a woman, leader, and overall person. I had a fire about myself that I admired then and when looking back today, I still pop my collar for having. However, as time went by, life got more challenging and many of my hopes and dreams became hopeless in my mind. I feel like I allowed life to punk me out in many ways. The "fire" I use to have about life, injustice and standing up for what was right, seems to burn at a very low temperature. Now at 41 almost 42 years old in four weeks, I look back and see where I allowed life and others opinions to soften me. Not all my softening has been bad because God has done a great work in me where I am quicker to listen and slower to speak my mind and a bit more patient and understanding. Godly wisdom has replaced some of the areas where youth and lack of experience can create disorder.
I have always been a leader and held many leadership roles during my teens, 20's and adult life. Being a leader has taught me how peoples opinions can impact you both negatively and positively. When I was 23 years old, a lady told me that I needed to "tone down my presence!" I thought what? Later I found out it was not my "presence" that bothered her, it was the fact the others did not notice her "presence." Fear of what others will think, disappointing those I love and making repeated mistakes plague me today.
HOWEVER, recently God has been showing me that He made me and YOU great and that He want us to be great and reign in the areas he has given us lordship over. IT IS OK TO BE GREAT! "God’s thoughts towards you are that of peace and not of evil. “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11" (excert from The Total Man).
When I watch films of Michael Jordan playing basketball, it sends chills through me because he is performing at his ultimate ability and greatness. Watching Michael Jackson perform on stage pulled you in because he too was operating at his ultimate greatness in his gift. Are you doing the same? As women and mothers, we owe it to God first, then ourselves and then our mates and children to KNOW that God made us great and that we MUST operate at our individual level of greatness!
I like to think that my tall, larger statue matches my large presence and purpose!
Don't hide your fire. Let it BURN BABY BURN!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Your Comments are Welcome!