Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Posted by Angela 7:01 AM No comments
 
When you hear "Get Your Groove Back" you may be thinking about the movie Waiting to Exhale, but on the contrary.  I am talking about finding time to move and groove your body for some time of exercise.  As a mother, we seem to put everyone and everything before ourselves.  Our health is paramount because if we are not here for our families, what was it all worth.  Please get your mammograms, pelvic exams, physicals, etc.  When you set up dental and eye appointment for the family, include yourself.  Being active is not just about ridding yourself of unnecessary  weight, but about being healthy.

You may be saying, "I do not have time to go to the gym"  and if that is indeed true, than you can find at least 15-20 minutes to cut on some music and dance around the house.  My 4 year old LOVES it when we do this.  She and I both love Latin music so we blast the stereo and get to grooving.  The other day I was sitting in the nail salon getting a much needed pedicure (I had not had one in over a year!!) and found myself noticing so many women taking time to get impeccable nails, but I could not help but to wonder how many take the same time to move their bodies at least three days a week for at least 30 minutes.  Funny how people can find time to do things they want to do.  I love my nails and feet to look pretty, but if I had to choose, and due to financial reasons I have had to numerous time, I would opt to invest in my health.  If I die due to illnesses brought on by obesity and a sedentary life style, having pretty nails will not profit me at all.

Moms, lets just get moving and grooving again.  Some of you LOVED to dance and move prior to having children.  This does not have to change! You are still fabulous and fun.

Blessings,
Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments are Welcome!