You may be asking, how did you come to that conclusion? Well, as a 42 year old woman who has LIVED, I have had my fair share of relationships and I know what like, lust, infatuation and love feels and looks like. But most importantly, I know what the ultimate handbook about love defines it as.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 states: Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; 5 love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; 6 love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. 7 Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail. (Good News Translation)
I am not taking anything away from the gentleman that I once loved, but only since I married my husband have I learned what true love is. Is my husband perfect? HECK NO! Does he get on my last nerve at times? HECK YES! But the love he pours on me makes me want to look deep inside myself and become a better person. I think true love is suppose to challenge us to be better than we are. Not to be a people pleas er, but rather a God pleas er. My "first love" may have loved me the best he could, but God knew what I did not know. He knew that my heart, soul, mind and body needed the type of man I married.
My question to you is, are you holding on to a past love? Is it preventing your present or future relationship from being all it can and should be? When we hold onto emotional bonds from our past, it prevents you from receiving your present or future love. I truly believe that some people live in their emotional past because it is comfortable. Allowing yourself to receive new love can be very scary, especially if your "first love" broke your heart. But you never know who will love you deeper than you could imagine, if you walk in the present and not the past.
Be blessed
Angela

You are just the type of woman I will marry,"oops I did I love you hubby"
ReplyDelete