Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Posted by Angela 7:49 AM No comments


 As a 42 and a half, (I cannot believe that) year old married wife of three, I find myself taking a long look back over my life.  During my single years some of my dating choices were good and others were a hot mess!  But the one thing I am proud of is I did not let the guys color stop me from getting to know him.  I have come across a large number of single women over the age of 35 who sincerely want to be in a committed relationship leading up to marriage.  When I ask a lot of them if they would date a man that is not the same color as them, a large majority say, “Girl, I am true to my race!”  

What does that mean?  We are all a part of the human race.  I think having preferences are good.  For example, I prefer an SUV over a compact size car; however, if I am given a compact size car, I would at least drive it to see how it handles before rejecting it.  The same should be true for dating.  Today, the number of available black men who are not incarcerated, gay or married is lower than years ago.  That being the case, I really want to challenge my fellow black sisters who are single to simply give interracial dating a chance.  You may be surprised!

And then for my Caucasian sisters, if you find yourself afraid to date someone due to stereotypes and what others will think, throw that stuff out the door.  You deserve to be happy!  At the end of the day, the man’s heart, character, personality, temperament and goals define him, not his color.  Again, there is nothing wrong with having preferences, as long as those preferences are not built upon prejudice.

So single ladies, do not give up on finding love.  Keep your cute on, keep a smile on your face and be open.  You never know, your knight in shining armor may just be wearing a different color coat of armor, but who cares, as long as he treats you like a queen!

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments are Welcome!