Thursday, January 2, 2014

Posted by Angela 8:21 AM No comments
Yesterday when I was driving to the gym, I thought to myself, "this place is going to be crowed with New Year Resolutionaries!" But to my surprise, the gym looked more like a desolate island.  Now maybe by the time I got there, most of the folks had come and gone, but I began to reflect back to my life prior to loosing over 130 lbs. Starting out gangsta strong on Monday and by Wednesday, feeling like a true loser and failure due to my inability to overcome my constant thinking about food and lack of initiative to exercise.  Not to mention going to the gym for a day or two and thinking, "how in the hell am I going to lose all this weight? Impossible!"  By the end of the week, not only had I talked myself out of sticking with my plan, but I ate more and probably gained a pound or two.

Every year millions of people vow "this will be the year I lose weight!"  Loosing weight can be extremely overwhelming, especially if you have a substantial amount to lose. It is very easy to only see the extra fat on our bodies and talk ourselves out of trying even before we start.  My advice, take it one pound at a time!  Every inch and single pound lost is a major victory!

At 318 lbs I use to look in the mirror and think, "I will never conquer this!"  It seemed like an impossible feat.  The key to winning over your weight is how you think about it.  Don't see every pound needed to lose as a burden, but rather an opportunity to win.  Each pound lost is a major win.  When you change your mindset, your actions will follow.  Please do not give up!  Instead of setting your goal to lose 50 lbs in one month, be realistic and aim for a 2-5 pound weight loss per month.  Take it one pound at a time.  Trust me, it will work.

Much love,
Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments are Welcome!